Whilst we aim to make every walk an enjoyable day out, anyone walking with Hebden Hikes must look after their own comfort and safety on any walk. We can provide advice and information, but walkers will make their own decisions about their ability to undertake any walk and to have appropriate clothing. Please be aware that the ground can often be wet and muddy, and the higher ground will often be windy and cooler. A list of appropriate equipment is provided below.
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
- Walking boots/shoes.
- Waterproof jacket (and trousers in winter, or if the forecast is for rain)
- An extra fleece jumper in case the weather changes, or for higher ground
- Walking pole(s), if you use them
- Hat and gloves (even in the summer a hat can be good if the moors are windy)
- Packed lunch or snacks
- Water / juice
- Money for fares or for a cuppa/drink
- Medication if you have any special health needs
If arranging a private guided walk, then Hebden Hikes can plan a walk to suit you. Even so, there ground can still be muddy, even along the canal! It is also difficult to avoid some inclines, even on gentle walks.
If joining an ‘open walk’, please do ask for details of the route. Walkers should expect some uneven paths and stiles.