There are so many walking options when using Hebden Bridge as a base
- Gentle walks exploring the town, canal and local river valleys
- Gentle walks using local buses to get to ‘the tops’ to walk on the high fields and moors without having a steep climb
- Local history walks – in Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall, Hardcastle Crags or the Colden Valley
- Walks that take in a local pub or café!
- Visiting local interest sites – Stoodley Pike hill top monument, Hardcastle Crags National Trust woodland, sites connected to the poems of Ted Hughes or the grave of Sylvia Plath
- Half day walks using good paths and tracks – some walks can be done in stout shoes rather than boots.
- Full day walks, at your own pace, exploring the various wooded valleys and moorland tops
- Longer walks such as the Pennine Way north to Haworth (one way by bus), the Pennine Way Loop walk including Stoodley Pike; or day sections of the Calderdale Way
- Trek training hikes taking in several steep uphill climbs and descents . These include some of the demanding ascents in the area
OPEN WALKS – These are group walks for anyone wishing to walk with others. The groups will be for no more than 12 people and you will need to contact us to book in and for more information. The cost is £5 per person. The next open walks are:
Sunday 30th April 2017 at 10.30am – starting Hardcastle Crags – woods and upland meadows, watching out for curlews and lapwings. Distance: 11k (6.5 miles). Ascent 350m / 1200 feet. Approx 4 – 4.5 hours
Monday 29th May 2017 at 10.30am – starting Hebden Bridge – uphill for a look around Heptonstall village, then through meadows using ancient packhorse paths. Distance: 8k (5 miles). Ascent 250m / 800ft. Approx 3.5 hours
Sunday 30th July 2017 at 10am – starting Hebden Bridge – trek training walk – a longer day out at a reasonable pace, taking in some good uphill climbs
Walks will take place, whatever the weather! If the weather is poor then the route may be changed to ensure the happiness and safety of everyone! A walk will only be cancelled due to weather if the conditions are hazardous.